Kohler Academy is a New Jersey approved private nonprofit special education school for children with developmental disabilities. Our campus is conveniently located in Mountainside, NJ.
For over 50 years, Kohler Academy has excelled at providing a high quality education and excellent therapeutic services to exceptional students with very special needs in a safe and nurturing environment. The Kohler Academy team, our students and their families make up our community of learners whose priority and focus is helping each student reach their full potential as they ultimately transition to life beyond high school.
Meet Principal, Gary Pignatello!
Gary Pignatello is Principal of Kohler Academy, A Bancroft School. He brings to Bancroft 10 years of special education teaching and service as a school social worker and counselor before he became an administrator.
He developed a philosophy as an educational leader of many years while serving various roles from paraprofessional to principal:
- A school must first be a place that is safe and where students are treated with love and respect
- We must strive to help every student function at the highest level of their capabilities; anything less is simply unacceptable
- A special educator must be a special person, that is, a person who is skilled at both finding how each individual learns best and developing the tools to implement that learning.
What type of information do I receive through the Parent Portal?
- Access to Progress Reports
- School Calendars
- Lunch Menu
- Contact Information
How do I find out about school closings?
- You will receive an alert via text, phone call, or email (according to your preference) through our Realtime Software System
Where can I communicate with my child's teachers?
- Parent Portal
- Calling the Main Office: (856) 354-2966
- Via the teacher’s school email